|Established||1 January 2005|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Marianne Besselink (PvdA)|
|• Total||286.42 km2 (110.59 sq mi)|
|• Land||283.50 km2 (109.46 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.92 km2 (1.13 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|Highest elevation||43 m (141 ft)|
|• Density||127/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Parts of 6900, 7000 and 7200 ranges
|Area code||0313, 0314, 0575|
Bronckhorst (pronounced [ˈbrɔŋkɦɔrst] ⓘ) is a municipality in Gelderland, the Netherlands. The municipality is the result of a merger of the former municipalities Hengelo, Hummelo en Keppel, Steenderen, Vorden and Zelhem, on 1 January 2005. The municipality is named after the medieval castle of the Bronckhorst family, who once ruled this area.
The seat of the municipality is Hengelo.
Formerly in Hengelo:
Formerly in Hummelo en Keppel:
Formerly in Vorden:
Formerly in Zelhem:
Formerly in Steenderen:
Keppel received city rights in 1404.
Hengelo, church (de Remigiuskerk) in the street
Laag Keppel, reformed churc
Halle, reformed church
Baak, church: the Sint-Martinuskerk
Steenderen, windmill: de Bronkhorster Molen
Wittebrink, windmill: de Wittebrinkse Molen
between Olburgen and Doesburg, the Zwarte Schaar near inlaatwerk 4028
- Henrica Iliohan (1850 in Vorden – 1921) a Dutch-born American woman suffragist
- Henk Zeevalking (1922 in Laag-Keppel – 2005) a Dutch politician and co-founder of the Democrats 66 (D66)
- Prof Jan Remmelink (1922 in Zelhem - 2003) was Attorney General of the High Council of the Netherlands 1968/1989
- Annemarie Jorritsma (born 1950 in Hengelo) a Dutch politician
- Leo Klein Gebbink (born 1968 in Zelhem) a former field hockey midfield player
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (born 1983 in Voor-Drempt) a Dutch professional footballer with over 450 club caps
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2005" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2005]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Samenstelling en taakverdeling" [Members and tasks] (in Dutch). Gemeente Bronckhorst. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 7255KA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Bronkhorst Algemeen". Natuurlijk Achterhoek. Retrieved 27 August 2020.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2022.